Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company with a strong international culture. They are looking for developers to join their company, and are open to relocating developers to Tokyo.
While their main focus is centered around HTML5 games, they use and produce a wide variety of technologies and tools for multiple platforms. They take pride in technical ingenuity and excellence, and love sharing their passion for engineering in the Open Source community.
The Wizcorp culture is founded on self-management, continuous education, opportunity for everyone and transparency in management and direction. While they believe they have built successful processes over the years, they are always looking to improve how they develop products and operate as a business.
Here are some of the other benefits of working at Wizcorp:
- Health insurance
- Commute travel expenses
- Visa & administrative support
- Japanese & English language lessons
- Additional summer/winter vacations
- Yearly medical check-up
- 5 days/year of paid sick leaves
- Relaxation space filled with consoles and board games
- A great variety of free tea and fresh water!
Wizcorp engineers are required to be proficient in English, have at least a basic level of Japanese and a willingness to learn, and be elligible to work in Japan (e.g., having a Bachelor's degree).
About the position
Wizcorp is looking for Server Engineers/DevOPS to join their team.
In this role, you will be asked to:
- Plan and architect the deployment and management of developed products
- Plan and architect the deployment and management of peripheral services (databases, load balancers, deployment tools themselves, etc)
- In partnership with server ops, assist in the effort to optimize the use of softwares used in production
- In partnership with the rest of his team and the tech division, assist in the selection of peripheral technologies and services to use
- Whenever required, write scripts and small applications to fulfill server operation needs
- In collaboration with server ops, ensure proper documentation of the architecture
- Strong Linux experience
- Jenkins and AWS experience
- NoSQL and Puppet/CFEngine/Chef experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Bash, and at least two programming languages