Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on providing complete development services (including early conceptualization, design, production and LiveOps). Well-known for its cutting-edge HTML5 and mobile games, Wizcorp aims at creating game experiences that are always pushing the limits of what’s possible.
We do this by:
- Telling memorable stories through highly entertaining games
- Growing a team of highly motivated staff members dedicated to the ideal of better games
- Defining and continuously improving processes to make high-quality games
- Sharing our knowledge and processes with our partners and the rest of the game industry
For Wizcorp, making games is about doing what we love and having fun doing it. We are looking for people who are driven to create amazing player experiences by pushing the games industry further.
We offer a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
Our response to COVID-19
We have implemented a working from home policy until the end of the year. However due to certain business requirements we still have engineers that are required to go to the office from time to time.
In these cases we expect anyone in the office to respect the rules that have been set out. For example social distancing, not holding meetings with any clients face to face, and making sure to wash your hands regularly. We also provide face masks for people travelling to the office and there is hand sanitiser located before entering the office.
Due to travel restrictions we prefer local candidates, but we’re happy to interview candidates who are willing to relocate. A lot of our hires have been international in the past so we are quite experienced with this.
About the position
Wizcorp is looking for Server Engineers/DevOPS to join their team.
In this role, you will be asked to:
- Plan and architect the deployment and management of developed products
- Plan and architect the deployment and management of peripheral services (databases, load balancers, deployment tools themselves, etc)
- In partnership with server ops, assist in the effort to optimize the use of softwares used in production
- In partnership with the rest of his team and the tech division, assist in the selection of peripheral technologies and services to use
- Whenever required, write scripts and small applications to fulfill server operation needs
- In collaboration with server ops, ensure proper documentation of the architecture
- Strong Linux experience
- Jenkins and AWS experience
- NoSQL and Puppet/CFEngine/Chef experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Bash, and at least two programming languages