Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on providing complete development services (including early conceptualization, design, production and LiveOps). Well-known for its cutting-edge HTML5 and mobile games, Wizcorp aims at creating game experiences that are always pushing the limits of what’s possible.
We do this by:
- Telling memorable stories through highly entertaining games
- Growing a team of highly motivated staff members dedicated to the ideal of better games
- Defining and continuously improving processes to make high-quality games
- Sharing our knowledge and processes with our partners and the rest of the game industry
For Wizcorp, making games is about doing what we love and having fun doing it. We are looking for people who are driven to create amazing player experiences by pushing the games industry further.
We offer a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
Our response to COVID-19
We have implemented a working from home policy until the end of the year. However due to certain business requirements we still have engineers that are required to go to the office from time to time.
In these cases we expect anyone in the office to respect the rules that have been set out. For example social distancing, not holding meetings with any clients face to face, and making sure to wash your hands regularly. We also provide face masks for people travelling to the office and there is hand sanitiser located before entering the office.
Due to travel restrictions we prefer local candidates, but we’re happy to interview candidates who are willing to relocate. A lot of our hires have been international in the past so we are quite experienced with this.
About the position
Wizcorp is looking for Software Engineers for a selection of diverse fields. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams for you. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency. Do not hesitate to apply if you think Wizcorp would be a good place for you.
A typical day for a Software Engineer focused on console porting would start with an hour looking over some code with a senior engineer. You then might have the opportunity to look at optimising a piece of AI logic, discussing as necessary with a specialist in the area. In the afternoon you may spend some time working with game designers and artists to complete a feature integration.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Design, test, and debug own code without assistance from other engineers
- Break down features into engineering tasks and work with other engineers to complete them
- Have an interest working on both games and their surrounding tooling
- Confidently communicate with all members of the company
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete assigned engineering tasks in a timely manner
- Test and document provided solutions to allow other developers to review and learn
- Write clear, maintainable code that passes review by senior engineers
- Estimate own tasks and deliver them in a timely manner
- Raise all blockers when they arise to the feature lead or project lead
- Follow software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing
- Take ownership of medium-sized features by breaking them into manageable tasks that can be accomplished by themselves and/or other Engineer I and II members of the team
- Coordinate with members outside of the engineering team to deliver features in a timely manner
- Strong software development fundamentals, design theory, and development processes
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to technical discussions
- Eager to learn from reviews and constructive feedback
- Strong personal time management
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrable Software Engineering ability
- Experience with Git or other version control system
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engine code
- Understanding of 2D and 3D math
- At least one year of experience in the video game industry
- JLPT N3 or equivalent
Business hours and Location
10:00am to 19:00pm (excluding 1 hour break)
Higashi-Nihonbashi 3-10-14 Sunrise Tachibana 6F Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0004
A flexitime system is in place which allows you to manage your own schedule within project defined core hours.
Based on experience and interview evaluation. General starting salary is 400,000 to 500,000 JPY per month
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
Raises and bonuses
- Salary revision: based on performance
- No yearly bonus. Incentive bonuses may be distributed based on company performance
- Commute fees (up to 40,000 JPY/month)
- Japanese & English class support
- Social insurance
Holidays and vacations
- Weekends and national holidays
- Summer/winter vacation: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
- Annual Paid Leave: 10 days per year (first year, following the probation period)
- Bereavement/funeral leave
- Sick leave: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)