WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. 80% of our engineers are from abroad, and we are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
How we work
We have a Scrum team and have Sprint Review meetings every other week. We share each member’s performance with a kanban on Jira.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. The first step of this process, applying for a Certificate of Elligiblity, is still possible, and so we are applying for it as usual. Once the the situation improves and candidates can travel safely, we’ll have them come to Japan, but until then, they’ll work remotely.
About the position
We are looking for a Go engineer who will contribute to develop and improve our new product which localizes the files on our cloud storage. The successful candidate will join our new product team and work on backend development.
- Server side: Go
- Frontend: Vue.js (The backend engineers use it mainly for API development but sometimes for frontend development as well due to Sprint in Agile development.)
- Database: Google App Engine, Google Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud
- Others: Google Build, Google Translation API
- Experience with Go
- Conversational Japanese ability. You’ll be joining internal meetings which are conducted in a mixture of English and Japanese. All your team members speak both languages to some extent, and will help you when you don’t understand the content. While you don’t need to be fluent, you’ll need to bring enough Japanese ability to participate in bilingual discussions.
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience with building CI/CD
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with translation management system
- Experience of developing web applications
- Business level in Japanese