WOVN.io is a website localization service. Our users want to provide their website in multiple languages. We strive to provide the simplest and most powerful solution to our users, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are looking for people who are flexible and highly skilled, with an interest in languages and other cultures. 80% of our engineers are from abroad, and we are open to overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
How we work
We have a Scrum team and have Sprint Review meetings every other week. We share each member’s performance with a kanban on Jira.
Our response to COVID-19
While we’ve needed to adjust our business’s strategy to make the best of the COVID-19 situation, overall we haven’t been negatively effected by it, and are continuing to hire engineers.
Since March, we’ve been working completely remotely, and as part of this stopped in-person interviews in favour of online ones.
We are still hiring candidates from overseas, and will support their visa application. Until COVID-19 is settled and the border restrictions are lifted, you can begin working remotely from abroad.
About the position
We are looking for a Windows engineer who will contribute to develop and improve our new product which localizes the files on our cloud storage. The successful candidate will join our new product team and work on Windows client development.
- Language: C# (WPF / .NET Framework 4.7)
- IDE: Visual Studio
- Infrastructure: Azure DevOps (CI/CD)
- Strong WPF / XAML / MVVM background
- Experience with unit testing (Nunit, Moq)
- Basic level in Japanese
While these are not required, please tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience with maintaining Windows WPF applications
- Experience with Gitflow
- Experience with Prism
- Experience with Windows UI automation testing (TestStack.White)
- Experience with building CI/CD (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- Experience with developing web applications
- Business level in Japanese