Zeals is developing Chat Commerce to utilize chatbot technology in marketing, and Customer Service DX to integrate chatbots with a series of online customer service tools such as for consultation and booking. We’ve recently raised ¥1.8B in funding from Z Venture Capital Co., Ltd., Dentsu Group Inc. and Hakuhodo DY Holdings.
Chat Commerce is a service with which end users can purchase merchandise while having conversations with our chatbot. Zeals now serves approximately 400 companies and has served over 4.3 million end users so far with analysis of data from 450 million conversations (as of March 2021).
International engineering team
We currently have 45 engineers, many of which are international, coming from 18 different countries including the US, China, Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, the UK, and France. Because of this, we use English to communicate, and don’t require any Japanese ability for our engineering positions.
We welcome engineers to apply regardless of location. For those not already based in Japan, we offer the choice of relocating here or continuing to work from another country (country dependent). For those who engineers who relocate to Japan, Zeals will provide the support to settle in Japan.
- Working days: Mon - Fri
- Working hours/place: Flextime (Our business time 10:00am-19:00 JST), Fully-remote
- Day-off and holiday: Sat, Sun + Japanese national holiday + paid vacation + summer/new year vacation
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve moved to working fully remotely. While our official policy still will require people to return to the office after the COVID situation subsides, we anticipate to continue to work fully remotely because we are building a flexible team in terms of working time and location.
About the position
- Ensuring the entire system and infrastructure is highly available
- Designing infrastructure that can horizontally scalable together with the business
- Continuously improving CI/CD pipelines and engineer excellence
- Managing multiple environments and properly managed and provision them by IaC
- Strong sense insecurity, granting the proper permission for each application and user that they only required
- Design, implement and improve data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse
- Monitoring existing system, promptly responding to any incident that happened
- More than 2 years of experience in Cloud like AWS or GCP
- More than 1 year of experience on kubernetes in production grade
- More than 1 year of experience using tools like Jenkins, ArgoCD to configure CI/CD pipelines
- More than 2 years of experience in monitoring of system using tools like Stackdriver or datadog
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Able to design a proper VPC network structure
- Able to use tools like BigQuery or Cloud Dataflow to build data pipelines or analytics environment
- Experienced in designing CRM system’s applications or databases
- Experienced with designing payment system
- Handled more than 10 millions of users in the past or current company’s product
Annual salary: 5M - 9M JPY(Gross) + another package
It will be decided considering your experience, skills and market price of the place you live.
- Bonus: twice/year
- Salary review: twice/year
- probation: 3 months