At Zehitomo, our innovative and diverse team shares a vision of empowering and interconnecting the society around us. Our team is creative, inspired and dedicated to making an awesome platform, and we welcome like-minded talent to join us! Come help change the way people find and hire service professionals in Japan by applying today.
We’re a fast-growing startup (Series B fundraised 820 mils 2020) developing AI web platform for local services at 47 Todohuken (prefectures) in Japan, which helps local workers and users to encounter wonderful commissions/services they ever haven’t reached out to or even haven’t known yet in their present offline community. We are looking for new members who join us and achieve great empowerment of the local society and realize the fair successes and happiness of local workers and users!
Traits of Engineers at Zehitomo
- Self-starters that thrives on interesting challenges
- Put the customer first, not the technology
- Are personally rewarded from mentoring other engineers
- Data-driven decision makers
- Effectively communicate with non-technical employees
- Considerate team players
For engineering positions, Zehitomo generally doesn’t require Japanese ability, but there are some employees working there that can’t speak English fluently, so the more Japanese you know the better.
Zehitomo requires business-level in either Japanese or English and a willingness to try speaking in the other.
- VISA support and a one-way airplane ticket for foreigners outside of Japan
- Flexible and remote working style
- Free snacks and drinks at our Office
Our response to COVID-19
Since our core focus is in helping local area professionals find new clientele to work with (and vice versa), professionals and their clients are more open than ever to working together online. With this in mind, we continue to encourage and help service providers move their businesses online as much as possible to help them weather COVID-19 impacts.
We moved our engineering and product teams to remote work in March. All meetings are conducted online, and we make use of several convenient SaaS tools to help us brainstorm and get our work done. Since we can’t hold events in our office for now, we have moved all of our social events online as well. Currently, if an employee wishes to, they can come to the office up to once per week.
We’re still hiring, including for overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan. However, we understand that visa sponsorship may be a slower process for the next several months, and that travel restrictions may remain in place for some time. With this in mind, we are more than happy to start working remotely together until we are able to bring an international hire to Japan. However, by the nature of our entire team working in or near Tokyo, international hires will still need to overlap part of their work day with ours so that we can help onboard them effectively and better support their work.
About the position
- Taking business requirements and translating into technical requirements and user stories
- Support the engineers by studying competitors’ products and services as well as emerging development and technology trends
- Provide training for new internal product features
- Work with engineers to ensure product requirements are fully understood and technical concerns are addressed
- Help contribute to our Scrum processes and encourage lean assessment and experimentation strategies
- Take ownership of product backlog based on company wide product roadmap
- May take on initial key ownership of project management software efforts
- Analyzing and defining consumer and professional pain points and what value Zehitomo can provide with making hypotheses and validating with some research.
- Project management skills in leadership, communication, identifying key contacts, reporting
- Identifying customer needs, conducting surveys and reaching out to existing customers
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese with teams who have different goals
- More than 5 years of experience working as a product manager
- Make momentum inside team with your passion and strong will for better product