In this position, you’ll lead the technical development of our platform, working directly with our Head of Product, and managing our development team (currently, it has two engineers, but we’re looking to expand to five by the end of the year).
- Help build a high performing engineering team, including attracting, screening, developing, and retaining talents.
- Be a mentor to the engineers and help them develop development skills.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g. style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Propose technical solutions to solve product problems.
- Communicate engineering goals and manage day to day activities of the engineering team.
- Manage development environment and tools (JIRA, github, CI etc.).
- Be accountable for product quality, security, and performance.
- 3+ years managing an engineering team
- Python/Django savvy
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- HR/Recruiting industry Knowledge
- Japanese language ability
- AWS and DevOps skills
¥7 - 10 million annually, plus an attractive stock option package.
7 to 10 million JPY annually.