ZooKeep is a platform that simplifies talent acquisition operations.
A young startup with a senior team
Being an early stage startup, you’ll have a chance to have a role that’s almost like that of a co-founder (but with less personal risk). You’ll have the ability to influence the business and product beyond just the job description’s scope.
Though the company is young, the team behind it are veterans of the recruiting and tech industry of Japan, and most of our employees have 15+ years of experience in their field (we’ve poached key people from Google, Recruit, etc.).
We’ve proven the business model
Our business model mixes technology and consulting into an integrated offering, allowing us to quickly ramp up the business’ cash flow while still being incredibly scalable. Though the product is in public beta, we already have paying customers.
Remote first, overseas applicants welcome
Working fully remote is an option, but when you’d prefer to, you can work out of our office in Hiroo.
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, you’re still welcome to apply. You’d work remotely until we can secure a visa for you to move to Japan.
About the position
In this position, you’ll lead the technical development of our platform, working directly with our Head of Product, and managing our development team (currently, it has two engineers, but we’re looking to expand to five by the end of the year).
- Help build a high performing engineering team, including attracting, screening, developing, and retaining talents.
- Be a mentor to the engineers and help them develop development skills.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g. style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Propose technical solutions to solve product problems.
- Communicate engineering goals and manage day to day activities of the engineering team.
- Manage development environment and tools (JIRA, github, CI etc.).
- Be accountable for product quality, security, and performance.
- 3+ years managing an engineering team
- Python/Django savvy
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- HR/Recruiting industry Knowledge
- Japanese language ability
- AWS and DevOps skills
¥7 - 10 million annually, plus an attractive stock option package.