HENNGE is a leading cloud security provider, with their flagship product HENNGE One having more than 3 million users. They are looking to increase their global talent, both by hiring full time engineers, and by providing internships for university students and recent grads. As their official language is English, no Japanese ability is required.
HENNGE's founder is highly technical, and so it has a strong developer culture. They believe in adopting new technology, even if it is immature, as learning from failure will help them build the best products for their customers. Diversity is a core value for them, as it fosters an environment that encourages innovation and learning through open discussion of new ideas. They focus on being productive, rather than working long hours, and so there isn't a culture of overtime.
About the position
HENNGE offers a 6-8 week internship that offers the unique opportunity to gain invaluable personal and professional development while working hand-in-hand with their Cloud Product Development engineers. You will experience practical application development using Python and Go, and develop applications by using Amazon Web Services/Google App Engine.
- At least third year of University or fresh graduates with BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related area of study major
- Experienced in systems software or algorithms
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment
- Basic proficiency with Python or Go
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Those interested in seeking a career in Japan will be at a significant advantage.
- Up to 150,000 JPY/month subsidy. HENNGE Global Internship Program is a training program without a salary. Subsidy is given to cover living costs such as meals, commuting expense, and accommodation.
- Round-trip airfare
- Medical insurance
- Mobile phone & data during your stay
- Support for getting visa & full guidance for incoming preparation
- Free "Get-To-Know-You" luncheons for 2 weeks