HENNGE is a leading cloud security provider, with their flagship product HENNGE One having more than 3 million users. They are looking to increase their global talent, both by hiring full time engineers, and by providing internships for university students and recent grads. As their official language is English, no Japanese ability is required.
HENNGE's founder is highly technical, and so it has a strong developer culture. They believe in adopting new technology, even if it is immature, as learning from failure will help them build the best products for their customers. Diversity is a core value for them, as it fosters an environment that encourages innovation and learning through open discussion of new ideas. They focus on being productive, rather than working long hours, and so there isn't a culture of overtime.
About the position
The Internal IT Solution Engineer will be part of a 3-member team who is highly dedicated in improving the working environment and the business efficiency through IT.
The ideal candidate for this position must be friendly, open-minded, full of curiosity and capable of working in a dynamic and diverse environment.
The company encourages challenges and the candidate will be able/expected to try new technologies to make improvements.
- Find, plan and carry out ways to make a good working environment for employees (office environment, communication, etc.) from IT viewpoints.
- Understand our company’s goals and change our IT environment accordingly.
- Understand how this company is running (e.g. other teams’ daily tasks, their goals, colleagues responsibilities, etc.) and find what we can do to help them improve their working efficiency. This includes suggesting ways to change other divisions’ operation procedures from IT perspectives.
- Plan and install new services or our experimental services, including adjustments and negotiations with related division members.
- IT Helpdesk, troubleshoot inquiries from colleagues.
- Administration of internally used SaaS services, Linux servers, and network systems.
- Have experience in using UNIX based OS including macOS.
- Have experience working in a Japanese company.
- Basic coding knowledge/skill.
- Business level English.
- Current resident of Japan
- Knowledgeable about G Suite, AWS and Salesforce.
- Working experiences as IT staff.
- Working experiences in designing and operating enterprise systems.
- Japanese reading skills.
- Personable and enjoy interacting with diverse group of people
- Resilient. As a company we like trying out new things, and sometimes this leads to having to make big changes, so we need someone who is strong, tough, and not easily discouraged.
10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (includes 1 hour lunch break, core hours between 11:00 - 16:00)
6.5 - 8.5 million JPY annually, reassessed once a year (inclusive of bonus paid twice annually).
4 days of summer holiday and New Years holiday (Dec. 29 - Jan. 3) in addition to paid annual leave
Commuting allowance, employment insurance, industrial injury insurance, health insurance, welfare pension insurance and employee stock ownership plan
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Internal IT Solution Engineer", containing a cover letter and resume.