As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are looking for world class engineers from across the globe. We offer globally competitive compensation that is superior within the market, an excellent international relocation package to get you here, and culture and Japanese language training to help you adapt to your new home.
We have an open vacation policy giving you time to rest and recharge. We abhor crunch time and artificial deadlines and promote a sustainable work pace with a rational number of hours in each day and work week, so you have time to spend with family and friends, or pursuing other interests.
Our teams are autonomous, self-sufficient and self-directed, own their product and engineering, are empowered to decide goals, metrics, targets and initiatives, and solve novel problems with a blend of proven and cutting edge technology and innovative approaches.
We conduct business in English and apply the same management practices globally. At the same time our Tokyo offices are a paragon of multiculturalism, with over 35 nationalities represented, and is an expression of the value Indeed places on diversity in multiple dimensions.
We have meals catered daily, gaming rooms with billiards, ping pong, video consoles and more, and even a climbing wall in our Ebisu office. A large variety of free snacks and beverages are supplied, there a weekly happy hours and many other social events throughout each month.
About the position
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
As a full-stack software engineer at Indeed, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power the world’s #1 job site. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between.
At Indeed, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the jobseeker. At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing applications helping 200 million jobseekers every month
- Conceive of and implement new features to help connect jobseekers and employers
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
We're looking for someone who
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software that solves practical problems and helps people get jobs
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a high-performing member of a small, cross-functional team
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Real-world, experience with one or more of the following, at scale: MySQL, Hadoop (CDH5), ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities, and provide technical direction for a small team (3-5) of engineers
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range:
Software Engineer: 9,580,000 - 11,880,000 JPY per year
Software Engineer II: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year
Staff Software Engineer: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year