Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We're a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
About the position
At Mercari we aim to provide an environment where engineers can grow. Our team is responsible for supporting Mercari's engineering environment and individuals, from the moment they join the company and continuously during their journey to achieve a successful career at Mercari. We work on programs like on-boarding and training to help engineers who join Mercari to integrate smoothly and become effective in their teams, continuous knowledge and information sharing activities to keep everyone on the same page and well-informed about what's going on across the whole organization, and skill builder programs to support the career development of engineers, leaders and managers.
- Planning and implementation of engineering training programs
- Planning and implementation of engineering on-boarding program
- Operations to support engineer's project and team assignment
- Proposal and implementation of organization problem solving and growth strategies
- Design and introduction of new evaluation system
- Planning and implementation of in-house events for knowledge sharing and information update
- Support engineer's achievements and career growth
- Empathy for Mercari's mission and values
- Experience developing software (web or mobile applications)
- Passionate about education and people growth
- Experience working outside Japan