Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We're a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
About the position
Microservices Platform Engineers work on building a platform top on Kubernetes, helping developers to build microservices.
The main role is Kubernetes cluster administration and providing useful tools and services on it to boost up agility of service development. With SRE mind, helping development of scalable and reliable microservices on the platform is also important role of us. For more information about Mercari Microservices Platform Engineer, see our public presentation.
- Design and develop microservices platform
- Design and develop common component for microservices (API gateway, service mesh)
- Improve security of the platform and microservices
- Improve observability of microservices
- Improve management of cloud resource by code
- Improve platform management operation (kubernetes cluster management)
- Help backend system engineer team to build new microservices
- Passion in improving operational automation, service reliability and developer productivity
- Experience using container management platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos and Swarm) and container runtimes (Docker and rkt).
- Good documentation and communication skill
- Basic programing skill