About MoveFast LLC
Love Japanese snacks? Love kawaii culture? Want a career centered in Japanese pop culture but catering to foreign countries? Become part of the MoveFast LLC team! MoveFast LLC shares the latest Japanese trend through snacks and kawaii merchandise. We currently cater to subscribers in over 103 countries in the world!
Our sites include:
- Fun, meritocracy, flat-organization, hardworking, and data-driven!
- Our company consists of 60% international and 40% Japanese staffs.
- We (very) frequently host fun events:
- Game nights (i.e. Mario Kart competition, multiplayer Bomberman, board games)
- Beer pongs and karaoke nights
- Monthly nomikai drinking nights
- Fun activities, i.e. hanami in the spring, BBQ in the summer, yakatabune, bowling, etc.
- Full visa sponsorship (we encourage applicants from abroad to apply as well!)
- Japanese Social Insurance, health care, pension plan package included.
- Peer bonus system.
- Family benefit package (i.e. wedding bonus and holiday, baby birth bonus and holiday, bereavement leave and condolence benefit, etc).
- 10 days paid holidays.
- Free private 1-on-1 Japanese language lesson (we contract a private Japanese tutor to teach onsite).
- 5 day work week (Mon-Fri). Holiday on Sat/Sun and public Japanese holidays.
- Commute fee allowance
- All-you-can-eat Japanese snacks and drinks (i.e. Kitkat, Pocky, Ramunes)!
About the position
- Design, build and maintain applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience developing Android apps
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Kotlin Experience
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong understanding of the different Architecture Patterns
- Experience with threading and performance tuning
- Experience integrating 3rd party API's
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with socket integration
Nice to Haves
- Basic or advanced knowledge coding Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js
- iOS Development Experience
- Familiarity with GraphQL