About MoveFast LLC
Love Japanese snacks? Love kawaii culture? Want a career centered in Japanese pop culture but catering to foreign countries? Become part of the MoveFast LLC team! MoveFast LLC shares the latest Japanese trend through snacks and kawaii merchandise. We currently cater to subscribers in over 103 countries in the world!
Our sites include:
- Fun, meritocracy, flat-organization, hardworking, and data-driven!
- Our company consists of 60% international and 40% Japanese staffs.
- We (very) frequently host fun events:
- Game nights (i.e. Mario Kart competition, multiplayer Bomberman, board games)
- Beer pongs and karaoke nights
- Monthly nomikai drinking nights
- Fun activities, i.e. hanami in the spring, BBQ in the summer, yakatabune, bowling, etc.
- Full visa sponsorship (we encourage applicants from abroad to apply as well!)
- Japanese Social Insurance, health care, pension plan package included.
- Peer bonus system.
- Family benefit package (i.e. wedding bonus and holiday, baby birth bonus and holiday, bereavement leave and condolence benefit, etc).
- 10 days paid holidays.
- Free private 1-on-1 Japanese language lesson (we contract a private Japanese tutor to teach onsite).
- 5 day work week (Mon-Fri). Holiday on Sat/Sun and public Japanese holidays.
- Commute fee allowance
- All-you-can-eat Japanese snacks and drinks (i.e. Kitkat, Pocky, Ramunes)!
About the position
We are looking for someone who can help our team of engineers to develop both backend and frontend system requirements. Our team has been expanding rapidly in recent years, so someone who loves to work in a fast-paced environment would be preferred. Your primary focus is to maintain and build new features using Ruby on Rails, and help achieve sprint objectives.
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Support team members through code review and architecture decisions
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactoring with both bravery and care
Skills And Qualifications
- 2+ years of full-stack Rails development experience
- Strong testing methodology with RSpec or similar.
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies, such as VueJS, React, etc.
- Strong understanding on OOP/functional programming
- Experience in Agile Web Development
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology (e.g: GraphQL, Node.js, etc.)
- Efficient time management skill.