About MTIC Holdings
At MTIC, our mission is to make Tokyo an international city. We currently run the websites, Gaijin Bank and All Jobs Japan, which help foreigners find jobs in Japan. We are looking for new members to join our team and help us to better achieve this goal.
You can find out more about us from our appearance on the podcast Disrupting Japan podcast and our article in Bloomberg.
Our engineering team is currently two back end engineers and one UI designer. We develop our web service in Go for the back end and use React for front end.
About the position
The candidate will work directly with the Creative Director and the IT team do produce responsive layouts that adhere to the designs for the company’s websites. You will join the team as the go-between for the design team and backend team, but the candidate will also be involved in the planning and development of new elements related to the user experience and interface.
- Experience developing web applications with a keen attention to detail
- Experience developing with a team using Git/GitHub or a similar version control system
- Production responsibilities including debugging of user Interfaces on a multitude of devices using front-end development skills (HTML & CSS) and production support / issues resolution of live product / solutions.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast moving environment in accordance with stakeholder expectations in a positive and timely manner
- Experience using React framework and Typescript is a plus
- Experience with design and UX of websites and/or apps
- Development experience focusing on performance and security
- Other duties include writing web pages in a combination of languages and assisting in the coding and testing of technical solutions.
- Experience developing for a large-scale service (able to architect frontend systems that can handle high traffic)
- Experience developing native applications for iOS, Android, etc.
JPY 4,000,000-6,000,000 annually.
Full-time. Probationary Period: 3 to 6 months (salary same as above)
Work Hours and Holidays
- Basic working hours are 10:00-19:00 with a one hour lunch break
- Flex time is also available with core hours of 11:00-16:00
- 5-day work week (Saturday and Sunday off)
- National holidays, paid time off (3 days when you enroll, 7 days after you work for 6 months), New Year's vacation
- Health insurance
- Incentive program
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Full transportation coverage
- Custom PC (your choice of Mac or Windows)
- Dual screen if needed
- Visa support