Nanameue is a Tokyo-based startup looking to hire Ruby on Rails developers, Android developers, and iOS developers. A core part of their hiring strategy is relocating international developers to Japan, so even if you're not based here yet, they're happy to consider you.
Their team is young, with the average age being 26, and international, with half their development team being non-Japanese, hailing from places such as Thailand, Taiwan, US, and France. Because of their global outlook, the official language is English, and many of their developers do not even speak Japanese.
For intermediate level developers, the annual salary ranges from 4,800,000 to 6,800,000 JPY. For senior level developers, it ranges from 6,800,000 to 9,000,000 JPY.
Additionally, you'll be eligible for a bonus depending on company performance.
- Re-location assistance to help you start your life in Tokyo including airfare to Tokyo and a week's accommodation in an Airbnb while you search for your dream house.
- Any gear you want, such as a Mac Book Pro, a large screen, and a good chair of your choice
- Free snacks, fresh fruits, and drinks
- Free lunch every Tuesday while they hold a company gathering where you can listen to others presentations
- Train fare, or alternatively, if you live near the office, ¥20,000 monthly towards your housing.
- Company will pay for 50% of your new mobile device every year
- They will help pay for books, language courses, fitness memberships, conference tickets, and even paid apps
You will be a part of the growing web services team, reporting directly to the CTO and CEO. Your tasks will include:
- Develop API backend and Web Application using Ruby on Rails + (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Build and develop frontend part from a designer finished Sketch or PSD file using HTML/CSS and ReactJS
- Develop and maintain test specs using Rspec and related frontend tests
- Support and debugging web applications as needed
- Optimize and profiling web applications using NewRelic and related tools
- Ignite and present a better solution to solve a problem to CTO/CEO
- Having fun and share your knowledge and vision with Junior developers
To be considered for this position, you should meet about 70% of the following.
- 3+ Experienced with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ Experienced in any Web Development fields
- Proficient in ReactJS
- Experienced with RESTful web services
- Basic knowledge of AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Able to do TDD and know how to write RSpec and frontend tests
- Want to work in fast-paced and hyper environment
- Passion for UI/UX and know how best design should look like
- Familiar with Python
- Experienced with high load and large scales environment (~4 billion requests per month and above)
- Able to troubleshoot, repair, and restart Unix-based system for HA
- Able to config and optimize database server for HA
- Experienced in building and managing automated test, build, deploy
- Ability to communicate in Japanese or any other languages
- Experienced in any mobile application development
- Bachelor degree and above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field would be advantage but not required
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer", attaching your resume, and describing how you're match.