TableCheck Inc operates TableCheck, an online booking page that allows diners to make instant reservations, and TableSolution, a reservation platform that centralizes reservations from third-party reservation sites and consolidates all bookings into the system.
We welcome applicants outside Japan who are willing to relocate to Tokyo. Remote work may also be possible in some cases.
About the position
TableCheck is growing, and we are searching for for a Head of IT. As Head of IT, you will take over a wide range of responsibilities directly from the CTO and become a key leader with the company. You will lead and mentor a team of 5-10 developers primarily on the server-side and roll-out new products and features on a microservice driven architecture. Don't miss this rare opportunity.
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- 10+ year experience in IT and 5+ years experience in a leadership role using agile/scrum methodology
- Deep experience in one or more of the following: Ruby, Elixir/Erlang, Go, Scala
- Ability to understand business requirements and lead Product / Project Management
- Test-driven development
- Microservices, Apache Kafka
- Design skills, CSS
- MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL databases
- Software security
- English mandatory
- Bilingual (English/Japanese) preferred.
Candidate will be interviewed by IT team and evaluated based on:
- Experience and track record
- Conceptual knowledge
- Cultural fit and ability to commit fully to the company