In 2013, TenTen launched the world’s first IoT enabled drink vending. Since then, we have become the leading technology company in app and beacon enabled loyalty and payment services. Our platform powers customer engagement for companies like Suntory, the largest Japanese drink maker who operates over 750,000 drink vending machines.
As we develop our platform in-house, our engineers get to solve challenging and interesting problems related to hardware, firmware, mobile apps, server backend and front-end as well as cloud infrastructure. Our Bluetooth LE devices and users generate large amounts of data that give our clients valuable insights that weren’t possible without our platform.
Our team has a great sense of ownership as everyone gets to help improve the platform and see the impact they are making for our clients and users every day. We encourage our team to choose the right tools, technologies, methods and solutions; and change things around when necessary.
TenTen is a very international team, with employees from more than 10 countries and 15 languages spoken. English is used for internal communication, while Japanese is used in external communication. In the last year, we’ve doubled in size to 24 employees and are on track to double again in the next year.
We don't require any Japanese ability, and if you're an exceptional match, we're willing to relocate you to Japan.
About the position
As data scientist, you will work closely with our engineering, business, and management teams to drive all aspects of gathering and usage of data in the TenTen platform. You will contribute to the following:
- Improve our data acquisition strategy and its execution
- Gain and share insights into our data
- Create regular reports based on available data
- Create ad-hoc analytics and gain insights using available data to answer business questions
- Devise strategic data analysis and design of A/B tests
- Help define KPIs for projects at TenTen
- Work closely with big data engineers to guide TenTen in building out our infrastructure to handle large amounts of data
- Help teams at TenTen figure out what data to gather in our apps and other potential data sources
- Big data analysis using tools like Tableau (3+ years)
- Data modeling, mining, and statistical business analysis (3+ years)
- Ability to write scripts when necessary