Enthought has recently opened a Tokyo office, and is hiring English-speaking software developers (no Japanese ability required but we prefer developers that are currently located in Japan). The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the development of scientific and technical applications involving GUIs, 2D and 3D graphics, workflow and pipeline architecture, and numerical algorithms for our proprietary products and for customer applications.
Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a strong background in science and mathematics, as well as real experience developing quality software, either commercial or open source. More experienced applicants should also have demonstrated project management skills and the ability to lead a team of strong developers with highly technical backgrounds.
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- (Required) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other scientific or engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- (Required) Minimum 2 years of technical lead or development experience with 4 or more years preferred.
- Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist or engineer user.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable, documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to those who study your work
- Strong work ethic and dedication to satisfying the customer.
- Experience with Python, and a strong understanding of how to apply its capabilities to develop GUIs, work flow frameworks, and elegant scientific applications.
- Deep understanding of statistics, optimization, image processing, signal processing, or other similar area.