About Orb, Inc
Similar to the way the web has democratized information for users worldwide, our goal is to democratize payments, loyalty, and smart contracts for businesses and consumers by developing the next generation of decentralized computing products. We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We are a young, lean, internationally-minded seed-round startup with a talented, close-knit team based in Tokyo, Japan. We keep meetings to a minimum and all eyes focused on our innovative product development and market adaptation.
About the position
We’re looking for software engineer to work on our business products which needs to be massively distributed and scalable. As a software engineer, you will design and implement key features and components of our technology, which is a robust and scalable data platform based on the state-of-the-art technologies.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with a solid understanding of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.), acquired either in school or at work
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Working knowledge of database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
- Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing and caching
- Familiarity with monitoring and debugging large distributed systems
Nice to haves:
- Ph.D in Computer Science specializing distributed systems, database internal systems or related studies
- Experience in testing databases - familiarity with jepsen a plus
- Experience ETL systems
- Open contributions to database system development
¥7,000,000 to ¥11,000,000 annually.