TableCheck Inc operates TableCheck, an online booking page that allows diners to make instant reservations, and TableSolution, a reservation platform that centralizes reservations from third-party reservation sites and consolidates all bookings into the system.
We welcome applicants outside Japan who are willing to relocate to Tokyo. Remote work may also be possible in some cases.
About the position
This person will work side-by-side with the server / backend engineering team to build out our microservices-based architecture. The ideal candidate will be someone who is equally comfortable providing strategy and direction as they are digging into code.
- Working closely with stakeholders, project management, and engineers to ensure feasibility, appropriateness, and smooth progress.
- Mentoring and empowering team members
- Driving software engineering best practices
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- 7 years engineering experience, with at least 2 years in a lead or management role
- Experience interviewing, mentoring, and developing engineering talent
- At least one of the following: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Elixir/Phoenix, Scala, Go
- Strong test-driven development experience
- Working knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to both technical-minded and non-technical-minded people.
- Familiarity with tools and methods used for working in a large, distributed team environment.
- Preference is given to candidates with strong Rails and/or Elixir ability.
English is required. Japanese is nice to have, but optional.
We will evaluate candidates based on the strength of their previous experience along with remote and on-site interviews.