beBit's flagship SaaS product is USERGRAM, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies.
Currently, more than 130 corporations use USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people, and these numbers are rapidly growing.
Because of USERGRAM’s growth, the complexity surrounding scaling it is a constant challenge. The backend processing of all the user behavior data, consisting of hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
Half of our engineering department is non-Japanese, and if you're currently overseas but looking to relocate to Japan we welcome you to join us.
We only require basic Japanese skills (equivalent to JLPT N5) to begin with. We'll provide you with Japanese lessons, and as your Japanese abilities improve, you'll use a mix of English and Japanese to communicate internally.
About the position
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of large-scale databases
- Data access, audit control, and operation
- Development of sanitized anonymized big data sets for use in-house development environment
- Optimization and normalization of RDBMS databases and schema
- Reviewing constraints and indexes
- Refactoring to create optimized queries and better implementations
- Maintenance of various databases and data pipelines
- Monitoring and measuring operations to find bottlenecks
- Selecting, introducing, and operating database middleware
- Investigating new database engines such as cross clouds
- Understanding and complying with various countries compliance laws regarding user data security and privacy
You should have:
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with AWS
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with Cassandra construction and operation
- Experience building and operating a data pipeline (Kafka)
- Experience building and operating a big data analysis environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has not only have technical skills, but can also relate to our vision for USERGRAM
- Discovers product issues themselves and proposes improvements
- Has an interest in the design of the whole service, including the working with other teams
- Communicates with team members and shares knowledge about services and technologies
- Eliminates technical debt and makes small improvements on a regular basis