As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are looking for world class engineers from across the globe. We offer globally competitive compensation that is superior within the market, an excellent international relocation package to get you here, and culture and Japanese language training to help you adapt to your new home.
We have an open vacation policy giving you time to rest and recharge. We abhor crunch time and artificial deadlines and promote a sustainable work pace with a rational number of hours in each day and work week, so you have time to spend with family and friends, or pursuing other interests.
Our teams are autonomous, self-sufficient and self-directed, own their product and engineering, are empowered to decide goals, metrics, targets and initiatives, and solve novel problems with a blend of proven and cutting edge technology and innovative approaches.
We conduct business in English and apply the same management practices globally. At the same time our Tokyo offices are a paragon of multiculturalism, with over 35 nationalities represented, and is an expression of the value Indeed places on diversity in multiple dimensions.
No office. No problem. As long as you’re passionate about helping people get jobs, we want you to be where you’re most comfortable. From care packages to wellness classes, there’s many opportunities to connect and find a home in Indeed’s inclusive culture no matter where you are. Help us achieve our mission from your home and make a difference in people’s lives, one job seeker at a time.
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve recently reopened our Ebisu and Tamachi offices at 25% capacity. However, engineers have the option to work remotely, in-office, or in a hybrid/flex version of these two (the most common choice).
About the position
If you are an engineer who’s passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of job seekers worldwide.
As a full-stack software engineer at Indeed, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power the world’s #1 job site. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between.
At Indeed, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the jobseeker. At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on Github and YouTube.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing applications helping 200 million jobseekers every month
- Conceive of and implement new features to help connect job seekers and employers
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
We’re looking for someone who
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software that solves practical problems and helps people get jobs
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a high-performing member of a small, cross-functional team
- 5+ years experience in software development
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Real-world, experience with one or more of the following, at scale: MySQL, Hadoop (CDH5), ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities, and provide technical direction for a small team (3-5) of engineers
The base salary is 11.5 - 23 million JPY per year.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.