You will join us as a team member of the development team (backend) within the Systems Department. All of our systems are developed in-house, and you will be involved in the entire process of planning, analyzing issues, and making proposals for features. In addition, work assignments, development policies, development languages, tools, etc. are decided through discussions among engineers. Main responsibilities include feature development, library upgrades, reviewing the source code with other team members and maintaining uptime of the system. Most tasks involve the development of our payment systems, but we also work on developing tooling, CI/CD flows and other auxiliary services to support our main system.
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative features based on business needs
- Design scalable and fault tolerant applications for distributed cloud deployments
- Maintain CI / CD, create solid tests and concise documentation to ensure high quality deliverables
- Coordinate with other teams and departments within the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with version control and code review processes using Git
- 3+ years of object oriented development experience
- 1+ year of functional development experience
- Scala / Java / Kotlin development experience (experience with other functional languages is also acceptable)
- Experience developing API-based web systems
- Experience using RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- Experience in developing automated tests
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience developing systems from scratch
- Experience with messaging systems/event driven architecture
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with AWS services
- Experience with microservices, Serverless framework
- Experience with scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with CI / CD development
- Experience in system architecture design
- Contributions to open source projects by reporting issues and writing patches
- Experience with financial services
- Conversational Japanese ability
5 to 9 million JPY annually.
Overtime allowance for 30 hours per month is included in the monthly salary (79,113 yen - 142,405 yen/month).