We provide a server monitoring system based on Prometheus as a service to support LINE Engineers as they operate a variety of services under the LINE Family.
We developed Promgen, a tool to manage Prometheus and Alertmanager configuration, so that development engineers can take control of their own monitoring. By monitoring and forecasting resource usage, we develop tooling to deal with problems before they occur.
- Development of LINE Family Service Observability and Monitoring
- Development Support/Improving
- Observing usage of resources, development of prediction tools
- To develop tooling around Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
Technology we use
Prometheus, Saltstack, Python, Django
- 3+ years of professional experience in maintaining and operating a variety of internet services
- 3+ years of professional experience in troubleshooting and operating linux servers
- Experience in developing with multiple programming languages (any language experience is welcome)
- Motivation to learn Japanese.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiarity with Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
- Saltstack/Ansible/Configuration Management Experience
- Django Experience
- Log management tools (fluentd, Elasticsearch)
- OSS Contribution experience