Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We’re a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
Our response to COVID-19
On July 1, 2020, in response to the spread of COVID-19, we introduced Mercari’s New Normal Work Style Trial Guidelines, that allows employees and teams to choose when and how often they work in the office, including the option to work entirely remotely.
About the position
- Drive product planning, designing, managing development and operation for Mercari
- Create new business models tor grow specific categories like Fashion, Entertainment and so on
- Keep an eye on current trends and the needs of users in order to propose, develop, and implement new features or plans.
- Create specifications for realizing new business, new functions with engineer, designer and customer services
- Own responsibility for product delivery and drive product development
- 5 years + product management experience in Internet, Smartphone industry or equivalent experience
- Experience of building services by collaboration with engineers, test engineers, infra engineers, designer and so on
- Experience of creating specification to input product requirements to developers and test engineers
- Leadership skill to drive people
- Data-driven approach with the ability to leverage data to make decisions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Enough language skill in Japanese and English
- Passion for Products