PayPay is looking for DBA engineers who work with databases at scale on mission critical systems.
- Database operations, including monitoring, configuration management, upgrade, scaling, backup, and data migration
- Troubleshoot stability and performance problems
- Educate software engineers on database best practices
- Research and test new tools in database ecosystems, and adopt them in PayPay
- Python, Shell, Go, SQL, PL/SQL
- Aurora, MySQL, ElasticSearch(ELK), TiDB
- GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Flyway
- Newrelic, Grafana, Prometheus
- Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence
- More than 3 years of DBA experience with at least 1 year of it using MySQL.
- Experience in distributed database, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, TiDB or HBase, Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with and specialized in one relational database’s configuration, backup, optimization, and monitoring. Possess deep insight and knowledge about your expertise.
- Familiar with shell and Python
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiar with Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Experience troubleshooting critical issues online
- Experience working with NoSQL or NewSQL databases
- Experience working with TiDB
7 to 12 million JPY annually.