In this position, you’ll perform tasks related to our AWS infrastructure, taking into consideration server architecture with a focus on security.
- Develop our main REMETIS platform.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership to define, clarify, and improve feature requirements.
- Develop effective, maintainable, and clean software.
- Maintain secure database access patterns and technical security measures.
- Work with a remote engineering team focused on technical excellence and continuous improvement of our technical ability.
- Contribute to the planning and building of new features.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to other engineers.
- Conduct code reviews with peers.
- Contribute technical improvements to the codebase through discussion with technical and product leadership.
- Effectively communicate the feasibility of requested features to product leadership and work with product leadership to find alternative solutions if necessary.
- Help define high-quality software engineering standards and practices by maintaining high technical standards and contributing to software development guidelines.
- Continuously improve your understanding of the real estate industry and domain.
- Continuously improve your knowledge of the codebase and the technologies we use
- Identify the tools, technologies, and patterns to improve the software system.
- Maintain and improve coding standards, design patterns and software architecture.
- Collaborate in technical discussions and bring your own ideas for the improvement of the codebase and product.
- Learn new technologies as the need arises.
- Experience on AWS
- Advanced knowledge about security
- Has a genuine passion for software design and software development.
- Is excited to work at an early stage startup where one can still contribute and shape the product in a significant way.
- Has experience with and understanding of server-side technology such as Node.js, Python, or Rails (or any MVC framework) to build RESTful web services.
- Can contribute to projects involving various technologies.
- Our backend is built in Elixir but you do not necessarily need prior experience in Elixir or Functional Programming.
- We care more about how motivated you are to learn and your general engineering knowledge.
- Has a good understanding of backend and database technologies.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and can communicate their ideas and point of view.
- Has a solid understanding of the security, performance, and scalability implications of their code.
- Values clean code, refactoring and thorough testing.
- Likes to make meaningful contributions to technical discussions and to improve overall software design.
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience working at a Seed or Series-A startup.
The salary range is 5M to 8M JPY for junior level engineers and 8M to 12M for senior ones.