This person will work side-by-side with the server / backend engineering team to build out our microservices-based architecture. The ideal candidate will be someone who is equally comfortable providing strategy and direction as they are digging into code.
- Working closely with stakeholders, project management, and engineers to ensure feasibility, appropriateness, and smooth progress.
- Mentoring and empowering team members
- Driving software engineering best practices
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- 7 years engineering experience, with at least 2 years in a lead or management role
- Experience interviewing, mentoring, and developing engineering talent
- At least one of the following: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Elixir/Phoenix, Scala, Go
- Strong test-driven development experience
- Working knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to both technical-minded and non-technical-minded people.
- Familiarity with tools and methods used for working in a large, distributed team environment.
- Preference is given to candidates with strong Rails and/or Elixir ability.
English is required. Japanese is nice to have, but optional.
We will evaluate candidates based on the strength of their previous experience along with remote and on-site interviews.