As a backend developer, you will be working on new features on our micro-service platform, and also maintaining and extending existing features already in production.
You’ll get to use the latest technologies and make daily decisions about how our platform interfaces should evolve, and really see the impact of your work in use by tens of thousands of users.
You’ll be part of a passionate developer team consisting of server-side engineers, embedded systems engineers and mobile application developers. You are a strong team player who will also contribute to overall system design and development from the server side of things.
For this position, while we would prefer someone already based in Japan, we’re open to someone who would work remotely from elsewhere. For such a person, we’d be open to considering sponsoring a visa for relocation to Japan, but it’d be up to the person themselves to cover any moving expenses.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with/designing RESTful APIs and relevant database modeling
- Experience developing and managing SQL or NoSQL based database management systems
- Demonstrable good testing and code management habits
- Experience working with Ruby
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Full stack and/or frontend development experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Japanese ability