About Ceridian Dayforce
Ceridian Dayforce Japan KK (formely Ascender Japan) is a growing foreign-owned company of about 80 people based in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, in the HR tech space. Our core business is providing managed payroll services to both foreign and Japanese clients in the mid-tier market (300-3,000 employee size), based on our own web-based HR/time/leave/payroll system called Workcloud. Our business has grown 30% year-on-year for the last 3 years.
Our product development team
Our product development team has 7 developers and 6 QA engineers. We are a test-driven team working on a 2 week sprint cycle, using JIRA / Confluence / CircleCI / Github. Our team is very diverse with a good composition of Japanese and English speakers.
Our tech stack and tools
- Ruby on Rails (Monolithic)
- MySQL (Using AWS RDS)
- Docker based
- AWS OpsWorks / Cloudfront / S3
- Github / CircleCI / JIRA
- TDD: Code coverage >= 80%
We welcome overseas candidates
We’ll sponsor your visa to come to Japan. While it is being processed, you’ll be able to work remotely from your own country.
Flex time and remote work
We offer flex time, with core hours of 11am-3pm, and a remote work culture.
Our response to COVID-19
Most developers are currently working fully remote. Once the border reopens, we’ll encourage all developers to come to the office once or twice per week.
About the position
We are looking for proactive, full-stack Rails developers (with heavy emphasis on the backend) who can architect and build large feature additions to our system, as well as continually upgrade our system as the regulatory and use-case environment evolves.
- Strong Rails knowledge with 3+ yrs of experience.
- TDD-based development experience, with CI as part of normal workflow
- Refactoring legacy components / performance optimization.
- Code review with peers / practice design patterns
- SQL knowledge, to architect new data models and write more performant queries for complex reports.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Japanese ability
- Some knowledge of cloud infrastructure, so you consider system performance as part of your development
- SASS / CSS experience so you can build nice looking UIs.
- Front-end JS framework (React or Vue) to help us convert our employee-facing pages to SPA.