As a data analyst on our Engineering team, you will play an instrumental role in the planning and setting of the overall direction for the company. You will also provide the business and technology teams with insights that drive growth. The main responsibilities of this position include querying and running statistical analysis on our data, measuring the impact of various initiatives, identifying opportunities for improvement, and effectively communicating these insights to stakeholders within the organization.
In addition, you will help in the setting, measuring, and monitoring of data-driven KPI’s and create visualization dashboards to help management track performance. You will often work directly with C-level management, as well as interact with people at all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical making strong communication skills a must
- Proven proficiency in data analysis with 1 to 3 years of experience preferred.
- Strong experience in statistics and data visualization.
- Proficiency in SQL and a programming language such as Python, Ruby, R, etc.
- Comfortable using English in a work environment.
- Basic understanding of how the web works.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with business and engineering teams.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience working in a web-development environment.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Google Analytics experience.
- Experience in A/B testing.
- SEO knowledge and experience.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English.