Money Forward is a fintech startup delivering tools to visualize and improve both individuals’ and companies’ financial health. Our BtoC service “Money Forward”, is the largest personal financial management application in Japan. Through web, smartphone and tablet, we automatically integrate data from over 2,600 data sources and deliver the service to more than five million users. Our BtoB service is a SaaS based solution, “MF Cloud series”, a cloud solution for back office optimization. We serve more than five hundred thousand businesses.
We’re transitioning to an English environment
In September 2021, we decided to transition to an English environment for our engineering team. We expect this transition to be completed by 2024.
Our teams already use English for documentation, and even among our Japanese team members, many already have the ability to communicate in English (especially when it comes to reading and writing).
As new engineers who don’t speak Japanese join our teams, it’s our expectation that the other members use English to communicate with them. Though this will be a new challenge for them, everyone is enthusiastic about making this switch.
Great support for OSS
At Money Forward, we encourage employees to contribute to OSS. We have hired OSS contributors to be our technical advisers, and have made agreements with some full-time employees to devote a percentage of their work time to contribute to OSS. Furthermore, even when making OSS contributions on work time, you’ll be able to retain the copyright as an individual.
At MoneyForward, we deeply value our employees and their happiness. To maintain and improve our company culture, we conduct the following
- Company-wide weekly meetings, monthly morning meetings, and bi-annual general meetings
- Provide opportunities for employees to offer opinions on what matters to them (CEO Session)
- Company-wide social catch up (MF Happy Hour)
- Monthly 1-on-1s with your manager
- Employee Satisfaction Survey
Learning and Development
- We maintain a library for employees, with content ranging from technical books to books on management. Employees can request specific books be added to the library.
- We cover our employees participation in conferences such as RubyKaigi, Google I/O and even overseas conferences.
- We host regular study sessions employees can freely participate in
- Full transportation coverage
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Book purchase support
- Referral reward system
- Influenza Vaccine
- Discounts when using the following services (limited to business specified by the company)
- Rental brokerage
- Housekeeping services