As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for developing “Money Forward Cloud Box”, leading projects primarily using Ruby on Rails.
Cloud Box is a file storage service that complies with the Electronic Record Retention Law. Released at the end of 2020 with fundamental features, Cloud Box has since been used as a storage solution for files from Money Forward Cloud’s integrated products, primarily including receipts, invoices, and contracts.
Since its launch, Cloud Box has seen an increase in its user base. In the past 2-3 years, legislative amendments aimed at promoting digitalization, such as the invoice system, have expanded the market for electronic record storage. In response to this growth and to meet the needs of mid-sized and enterprise-level companies, we plan to develop advanced features. These include complex functionalities like detailed permission management, folder and tagging features, and bulk operation capabilities.
Our product is currently in its growth phase, so we are actively seeking someone who can design such features and architecture to accommodate future user expansion at scale.
- Develop and maintain B2B SaaS web applications called Cloud Box with Ruby on Rails.
- Develop and maintain microservices related to Cloud Box with Golang.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Develop features that are necessary for Mid to Enterprise companies, including permissions, project, and internal control functionalities. Design and tune systems to handle large-scale traffic without issues.
- Possess a deep understanding of the users and propose and implement features from a technical perspective to optimize UX and DevX.
- Collaborate with team members, Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and any other stakeholders.
- Lead the improvement of the team’s development productivity. Influence other teams positively through knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Support the growth of junior to mid-level engineers through hands-on teaching and coaching, thereby maximizing the team’s output.
- Strive to maximize the value of the Money Forward series through cross-departmental collaboration.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, and operating web applications including adding new features.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software.
- Proven track record of actively participating in team-based quality improvement efforts through code reviews and test code implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to mentor and guide less experienced developers.
- Experience in managing incident response, including efficient discovery, thorough investigation of root causes, prompt resolution, and implementation of permanent solutions
- Experience in working with Scrum and Agile development methodologies, contributing to efficient and collaborative project delivery.
- A shared belief in Money Forward’s Mission/Vision/Values/Culture.
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience designing and architecting complex software systems, with a focus on security, performance, and maintainability. Have a strong understanding of system architecture and be able to make informed decisions regarding technical design choices.
- Experience in designing and developing microservices. Have a strong understanding of domain modeling.
- Experience in various layers beyond backend development, ranging from Public Cloud and Kubernetes resource management to front-end development, or a keen interest in these areas.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Typescript, Next.js, or Golang.
7.9 to 15 million JPY annually.