We are looking for a senior/lead engineer to join us! In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to lead development on several e-commerce products and features using Elixir with the Phoenix framework, React, and PostgreSQL.
As a small, self-funded company with around 10 members on our engineering team, you’ll have an opportunity to really make an impact and drive the direction of the team and company going forward. As such, we are looking for someone who has both excellent technical knowledge and skills, as well as someone who can be invested in the future of the engineering team and the company as a whole. If you’re someone who takes initiative, is assertive, and approaches complex problems with confidence and care, you’ll excel on our team.
- Lead development on performant and scalable systems across our products
- Have a keen eye for quality UX
- Play an active role in shaping the engineering team by participating proactively in the recruiting and interview process, onboarding, and fostering growth through mentorship and performance reviews
- Be forward thinking; consider not just what exists now, but also what the company can do in the future with technology and for our current and future clients
- Set standards for the engineering by defining code review and testing practices
- At least 5 years of experience as a full stack software engineer
- At least 5 years of experience designing relational databases and writing performant SQL queries using PostgreSQL (preferred) or another RDMS
- Experience leading software project development from conception to release
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Experience with front-end technologies such as React (preferred), Vue or Angular
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Previous professional experience with Elixir and Phoenix framework
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with container orchestration with tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Previous experience mentoring other engineers
- A degree in computer science or other related field
8 to 12 million JPY annually.
Includes bonuses, paid out twice per year