We are looking for a talented WooCommerce Storefront Developer to join our team, based in our Akihabara or Honolulu studio. You will be responsible for our Gaming E-Commerce websites for multiple regions and work hand-in-hand with third-party companies through APIs to integrate crucial elements such as payment gateways, fraud prevention, and warehouse management. Developers at KOMODO have artisanal pride and take great care and attention to detail to create joyful customer experiences.
A successful candidate will love gaming and manga with a passion for enhancing players’ shopping journey and customer satisfaction. You will be a team player who is ready to collaborate closely with stakeholders and customer support to efficiently identify and implement new key features. You will champion the monitoring and troubleshooting of website issues to ensure seamless operation and optimize performances.
- Oversee the maintenance, updates, and continuous improvement of our current E-Commerce websites
- Lead the creation and implementation of future E-commerce websites
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and other developers, to define project requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Continuously monitor, optimize, and enhance the performance, scalability, and security of the applications
- Champion communication with third-party companies to ensure optimal customer experience for our E-Commerce websites
- Experience collaborating with teams internationally
- Experience shipping a customer-facing product
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Advanced experience with utilizing E-Commerce stores (e.g. Shopify, Wix)
- Strong PHP skills (Lamp)
- Advanced experience with relational database skills (MySql, Postgres)
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Fluency in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean