You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that manages the full development life cycle, from conception to deployment, of several e-commerce-related products. Our team has grown quickly, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be focused on building and maintaining features in Elixir.
- Turning product goals and feature requests into working software
- Developing server applications using technologies like Elixir and PostgreSQL
- Properly testing and preparing new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews, and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high-quality code base
- Helping evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Maintenance and improvements for the existing products
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Supporting and debugging web applications, as needed
- At least 3 years of experience as a back-end developer (most back-end work will involve Elixir).
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Software testing and test-driven development experience
- Relational database design and SQL experience
- Designing and implementing RESTful APIs/GraphQL
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Cloud technologies like AWS
- CI, CD technique, and tools
- Setting up Linux servers
- Container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries
Who’s This For
Our team consists of so many unique and talented individuals, but our team and workstyle may not always be the best match for everyone. So how do you know if you might be a good fit for our team?
✅ You flourish in flat organizational structures, where employees have more freedom to make or influence decisions.
🆇 You prefer rigid structures and hierarchy, like middle-management and set schedules.
✅ You feel more engaged with a smaller team since your work has a much more visible impact (which can be a good or bad thing).
🆇 You’re more comfortable with larger companies, where you are surrounded by a large number of co-workers and managers.
✅ You’re a self-sufficient and self-motivated thinker and doer. You have the initiative to not just think up ideas, but actually pull them off.
🆇 It’s hard for you to decide and complete tasks without support or direction from higher management or fellow team members.
✅ You should be passionate about your work and always looking to learn and grow.
🆇 You generally use baselines/guidelines as the driving force for your work.
✅ You can handle criticism and appreciate honesty and transparency, even when it involves your own work.
🆇 It’s tough for you to not take criticisms personally and lose motivation.
4 to 10 million JPY annually.