The Senior Backend Engineer is responsible for designing, delivering and operating services on cloud infrastructure that support drivers on day-to-day activities such as navigation, preferences, authentication and so on. You will work directly with product owners, mobile and embedded application engineers to understand the product needs for online services you will be in charge of. You might also engage directly with external teams to learn about existing corporate systems, experiment with them and participate in architecture and integration decisions.
What You Will Do
- Design testable, scalable and observable backend services
- Develop, in a team, end-to-end backend service solutions, including database design, cloud infrastructure services selection and setup, monitoring and alerting
- Troubleshoot production issues, develop and release hotfixes
- Contribute to CI/CD pipeline infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience architecting, building, and operating cloud native backend services in one or more programming languages such as Go, Kotlin, Java, Python, TypeScript, etc
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working on large teams that follow software development best practices
- A flexible attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. Be willing to engage outside of your usual responsibility area, learn new technologies and tackle challenges beyond backend development
- Someone who thinks that cars and motorcycles can be 1000x better than they are today.
- Able to collaborate in English and to understand technical documentation
- Permission to work in Japan
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with a major cloud provider such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Japanese language ability always welcome
8 - 12 million JPY annually.
8 to 12 million JPY annually.