The Senior iOS Engineer is responsible for leading technical solutions native to iOS, unleashing the best possible user experience in that environment. You will work directly with product managers, Android, and Embedded engineers in an integrated approach towards a unified product. A sample challenge you might experience is leading the implementation of custom bluetooth profiles to integrate a user’s smartphone with the buttons and screen on a car or motorcycle to create a new connected driving experience.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate and validate implementation feasibility of challenging requirements on iOS
- Research new technologies that can help deliver the best user experience
- Implement high quality, maintainable and test-driven code for iOS
- Reproduce, troubleshoot, and fix user issues
- On the side, play a small role on projects outside of your comfort zone just for fun and for expanding your knowledge
- Keep sharpening your expert skills
- 5+ years of experience in iOS application development
- Very strong object oriented architectural design skills and modern iOS app development skills
- Business level English
- Strong sense of ownership of product features and quality
- A flexible attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. Be willing to do what it takes, even if it’s outside of your usual responsibility area.
- Someone who thinks that cars and motorcycles can be 1000x better than they are today.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience leading a small team of engineers
- Familiarity with Core Bluetooth and Core Location
- Knowledge of ANCS/AMS
- Being familiar with Agile development environment
- Experience with localization and internationalization of apps
- Conversational Japanese
- Valid Driving License
8 - 10 million JPY annually.