EmbodyMe creates patented artificial intelligence technology that enables anyone, anywhere, to effortlessly create any visual content imaginable for video production, video conferencing, live streaming, gaming, metaverse, and so on.
Our product, xpression camera, is a virtual camera app that enables users to redefine their on screen persona in real-time, while chatting on apps like Zoom, live streaming on Twitch, or creating a YouTube video.
We value diversity
Our team of experts is composed of members with varied backgrounds, nationalities, and work experience. Their wide range of accomplishments include various awards for contributions to their respective fields, invitations to speak at large-scale events, acceptance of papers at top conferences such as SIGGRAPH, and authoring technical books.
We’ve implemented a flex-time system with no core-hours, so you have complete control over your hours.
Our response to COVID-19
One of our top priorities is to ensure that our employees are healthy and able to successfully perform their roles remotely if and when necessary. As such EmbodyMe is a remote-flexible company. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and it is deemed responsible to do so per official guidelines, we’ll host a once per month gathering at the office (online participation is possible), and also designate a day once per week for people who want to get together at the office.
About the position
We are looking for an engineer to develop the front-end and back-end of xpression camera in order to deliver a great experience to our users.
In this position, your primary focus will be to maintain and build new features for our xpression camera backend services.
On the backend, we use TypeScript, node.js, and Serverless framework.
In this role, you’ll
- Design and implement the backend systems for xpression camera users to manage their payment and paid features.
- Select and verify middleware, frameworks and other technologies
- Manage the architectural design of the backend system
- Handle interface design with frontend
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Support team members through code review and architecture decisions
- Handle refactorings with both bravery and care
- 3+ years experience developing backend systems for web applications
- 1+ years experience developing with node.js
- General knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with development using AWS
- Familiarity with development using serverless architecture
- Experience developing in a team using GitHub
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Willingness to learn new technologies without hesitation
- A passion for type safety and referential transparency
- Experience with statically typed languages incorporating functional paradigms such as Haskell, Rust, Scala, etc.
- TypeScript, C++, Swift, Python or Scala experience
- Experience with CI/CD
- Proficiency with ReactJS
- Proficiency with reactive programming
- Proficiency with container technologies such as Docker
The salary range is 5 - 9 million JPY annually.