foriio is a platform for creators to make their own portfolio page. Our development team uses English internally, so you don’t need to speak Japanese, but we do prefer candidates already based in Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
With COVID-19, we shifted to work most of the time remotely. We are going to review the policy to continue working remote partially, but until then we can work 100% remote.
About the position
As a back end developer, you’ll work on our main app’s back end that’s built with Ruby on Rails. You’ll act as an architect of new features, and help make technological and business decisions. You’ll review other developers’ code, and help to fix bugs.
Our technology stack is:
- React / React Native for client applications
- Ruby on Rails as a Back End API
- PostgreSQL database
- Heroku for hosting
- Amazon Web Services in general
- Github for version control
- Experience leading small development teams
- Experience in working on Ruby on Rails projects for 3+ years
- Comfortable in dealing with server infrastructure and deployment processes
Nice to haves
- UI/UX design principles
- Good understanding on coding best practices and design patterns
- Good understanding on agile methods and processes
- Experience with Single Page Application and JS frameworks
- Understanding of security technologies (encryption, authentication, OAuth 2.0)