foriio is a platform for creators to make their own portfolio page. Our mission is to “Empower individual creators” and we do everything we can to realize that missions as fast as possible. We are a Startup, which is passionate about Creatives and tackles interesting challenges and problems such as,
- Using massive no of data(Of Creators and Creative works) to create an algorithm
- Image analysis
- Jobs/projects and creators matching
Our development team uses English internally. However, many of our partner company engineers work primarily in Japanese, and so we’re looking for some sort of Japanese ability. You don’t need to be fluent with Japanese though, and we welcome people still learning the language to apply. You should be able to read documentation in Japanese (with the support of machine translation is fine).
Our response to COVID-19
We are currently working at the office on Monday and Friday, and working remotely from Tuesday to Thursday.
Considering the difficult international circumstances at this time, we are looking only for engineers already in Tokyo, Japan. For people already in the country, visa support is possible.
About the position
As a back end developer, you’ll work on our back end app that is built with ruby on rails. You’ll help to plan and develop new features, review other people’s code, fix bugs, help in technological and business decisions, and support the internal team.
As a Back End Engineer, you should expect to:
- Work in our main app Back End built with Ruby on Rails
- Act as architect of new features
- Review other people code
- Fix bugs
- Help in decisions of technology and business
- Support internal team
Our technology stack is:
- React for client applications
- Ruby on Rails as a Back End API
- PostgreSQL database
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Stripe for payment handling
- Github for version control
- Slack for communication tool
- Figma for design
- Experience in working on Ruby on Rails projects for 3+ years
- Experience leading small development teams
- Comfortable in dealing with server infrastructure and deployment processes
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing.
Nice to haves
- UI/UX design principles
- Good understanding on coding best practices and design patterns
- Understanding of security technologies (encryption, authentication, OAuth 2.0)
- Contribution to open source projects
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Agile Development experience