Site Reliability Engineering applies software engineering techniques to production operations so we can maximize engineering velocity while helping meet each product’s reliability goals. SREs measure, evaluate, and improve dimensions of reliability for Indeed’s planet-scale products, which support job seekers, employers, and internal users. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to keep Indeed’s products available, fast, and working correctly, so they can find jobs, publish their resumes, apply, and get hired.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack major problems and fix them for good. SRE adds nines to our already well-engineered and highly reliable software products supporting job seekers, employers, and internal customers. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and ultimately help them get hired at their next job.
SRE is always on call to keep our products available and fast. The team spans Austin, Dublin, Hyderabad, Seattle, San Francisco, and Tokyo in order to have a follow-the-sun on call rotation. SRE is new at Indeed, and members of this team will have the chance to influence the direction for a critical and global SRE organization. There will be ample opportunities for growth in many areas technology skills, leadership, mentorship, design, and more.
- Own availability and performance of Indeed’s most critical products
- Design, develop, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase reliability and organizational efficiency
- Expand the team by hiring the best engineers
- Help engineers develop their careers through personal and performance management
- Foster an environment of continuous learning which builds excellent engineering skillsets
- Participate in on-call rotation & occasional travel
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Experience managing a team of software and/or system engineers.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and software design and/or Linux, networking, application performance analysis.
- Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.
- Experience recruiting and hiring software and/or system engineers.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range:
Manager, Site Reliability: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year
Senior Manager, Site Reliability: 17,630,000 - 22,390,000 JPY per year