You will build and improve infrastructure surrounding KOMOJU by making our platform highly reliable, efficient, and scalable. You will do this by automating all things infrastructure. This position will require a heavy amount of coding, you will be less of a sysadmin and more of a programmer, working on the infrastructure instead of the application code. In a typical day you can expect to do any of the following:
Identify and eliminate manual processes in managing and deploying infrastructure Monitor the system for anomalies, and either eliminate them or automate alerts Provide infrastructure context to the development team
Our applications are mainly hosted on AWS and built with Docker to provide a consistent execution environment between development and production, and deploys are done automatically on merging a PR, through Github Actions. To support this the team have created a deploy tool, barcelona, which they actively maintain.
Because our team works mostly in Ruby you will need to be familiar with the language. Prior knowledge is not a requirement for this position, as the company will support you in learning, but your first few weeks will be spent mostly becoming familiar with Ruby.
- Develop and automate tooling around infrastructure and monitoring
- Work hand-in-hand with engineers to improve CI/CD workflows
- Help improve and formalize disaster recovery at KOMOJU by shortening time to restore service in production
- Help automate against latest vulnerabilities by services up date
- Experience writing code
- Past experience developing tooling around cloud-based infrastructure
- Strong knowledge working with Linux-based systems
- Strong knowledge around networking and security
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience of the Ruby programming language
- Experience working with AWS and CloudFormation
- Previous experience developing web applications
- Able to speak Japanese
8,000,000 - 11,000,000 yen / year
Includes (rough estimate of) profit share. Based on experience and skill level.
8 to 11 million JPY annually.