LanCul offers English conversation as a subscription service. Our customers can have conversations with our English facilitators and other members, either in person at one of our twenty branches, or online. We don’t teach English. Instead we provide a fun, friendly environment for people to communicate to cherish the relationships with other members, to help them open their minds to the possibilities of life and to share stories as we grow together. Since launching seven years ago, we’ve provided over three hundred thousand sessions.
Japanese language ability is not required for this position as all of our communication is in English. Our senior management team is made up of both Japanese and International professionals. Visa sponsorship is available for this position. We are currently only accepting applications from applicants already residing in Japan.
For more details on what we value, see our culture guide.
Our response to COVID-19
While working in the office, we’ve instituted the following countermeasures:
- Sanitizer in the office entrance
- Thermometer in the office entrance and building entrance
- Remote work available when employees feels ill
- Distanced seats in the office
- Wearing masks in general
About the position
As an engineer on our team, you will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you’re passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early-stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
You will be working within a small, but effective engineering team and with your strong attention to detail you will help us to find the best solutions to important problems, always keeping the user in mind.
As our team grows, we’ll look to promote from within, and hope you’ll be able to take on the role of Vice President of Engineering.
- Passion for LanCul’s culture and values
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS
- Capable of clearly communicating complex analyses to a non-technical audience, including extensive experience presenting to leadership groups
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at LanCul.
- Fluency in SQL for data access, manipulation, and validation
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
11am to 8pm
We offer salary and compensation that is on-par or above market rates in Japan. We also have a generous stock option plan, as we want you to share in our success when we go public.