As a senior SRE / Devops engineer at MeetsMore, you’ll be responsible for infrastructure, observability, and supporting developers with their infrastructure needs. We code in TypeScript, and define Infrastructure-as-Code using CDK-TF (Terraform via TypeScript). If you’ve read the Google SRE book, this job is roughly that.
You’ll be working as part of an existing SRE / Devops team that has a lot of freedom in deciding how to manage their operations. Communication is both in English and Japanese. We use various tools to automate it as much as possible. You can read more about how this works in this article about the lead of this team.
- A comfortable, senior level understanding of AWS.
- Production experience working with observability / monitoring platforms (we use DataDog).
- Be OK with being part of on-call rotation (you’ll be on-call roughly 1 out of every 6 weeks).
- Either be conversational Japanese, or a desire to do so (we will help).
- Be located in, or be willing to relocate to Japan (we will re-locate). Please be sure to note in your application if you’re already based in Japan or not.
- A minimum understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code solutions (e.g. Terraform / CloudFormation, k8s).
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience programming in a typed language (TypeScript is ideal).
- Experience working with a container based deployment system (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes).
- Experience with CDK-TF (or good Terraform experience).
7 to 11 million JPY annually + stock options