As a Technical Program Manager in the Security Strategy team you will act as a major driver for security initiatives across the Mercari Group. You will work to define and communicate security requirements clearly to stakeholders, ensure that key security projects remain on track and produce meaningful outcomes, and collaborate with other teams group-wide to build the Mercari Group’s overarching security strategy and culture.
- Tackle a wide array of security projects spanning a multitude of industries and security domains. Define requirements, set goals for the team, and ensure all the pieces are in place to lead projects to success.
- Manage vulnerabilities and risks, ensuring they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Identify issues early, and escalate as appropriate. Clear blockers and take initiative in driving the resolution of challenging problems.
- Present key security risks to upper management and keep expectations aligned. Foster greater awareness and interest in security issues across the organization, building trust and incorporating security goals into everyday practice across the Mercari Group.
- Keep stakeholders informed by creating and updating core project documentation. Make security practices, principles, and requirements widely known across the organization through clear and well-managed communication initiatives.
- Develop and deliver a strategy and overall curriculum for security education and awareness with a focus on developer awareness training for engineers. Support the success of Mercari’s security champion program and promote our security efforts to the wider security community.
- Coordinate across multi-functional teams, and become a catalyst for the success of high-stake, highly technical projects, involving a diverse set of stakeholders across the Mercari Group.
- Tackle a vast array of technical security projects, spanning a multitude of industries and security domains. From Mercari’s core C2C marketplace, to B2C services, payments, crypto-assets and more; the technical program manager role at Mercari gives you the opportunity to lead fast paced, high-stakes projects across an ever-growing number of businesses.
- Lead cutting-edge projects and be on the forefront of the latest technologies, industry trends, and best practices. Drive innovation in tech across the industry and advocate the growing importance of security in an constantly evolving digital landscape.
- Work hand-in-hand with upper management driving the security requirements necessary to achieve core business goals, while keeping risk in check.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in information security and project management or the ability to display equivalent expertise
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of core security principles, the software development lifecycle, and modern technologies
- Experience managing complex, technical, cross-functional projects, with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas coherently and with confidence to a wide range of audiences
- Initiative - the drive and innovation to work independently and bring new ideas to the table
- Enjoys working with developers and other stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to develop new ideas, interesting approaches to solving problems, and secure products
- A shared belief in Mercaris mission and values
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Fundamental understanding of security engineering, computer and network security, system operation security, and other relevant security domains
- Has experience with project management tools, the ability to breakdown complex workflows, and enjoys playing around with automation
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner(SSCP), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), or other relevant cybersecurity and project management certifications