- Design, maintain and enhance performance testing framework components.
- Develop a comprehensive performance testing strategy, including detailed Non-Functional Requirements (NFR). Translate the requirements into appropriate test scenarios.
- Collaborate with engineering and product management teams to define performance requirements for new feature releases.
- Design, script and execute load, stress, stability, and scalability testing and deliver comprehensive reports to the project team
- Review all performance test activities, write tests, test execution, collect metrics, create and manage testing schedules, report results and problems, and maintain documentation.
- Review, analyze and document test results and metrics with recommendations to the engineering leaders and senior managers of the engineering team.
- Analyze major changes introduced to our product, and assess potential performance impact to define level of performance testing needed
- Drive performance and load test operations towards a CI pipeline model to support continuous performance improvements.
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture. Become part of the ongoing performance improvement of our products.
- Coach and assist other junior performance analysts with test strategies, technical issues with creating and executing performance tests, and test result analysis
- At least 5 years of experience with performance test simulations, performance analysis, and performance monitoring.
- Strong understanding of performance test methodologies.
- Experience with performance testing tool, such as JMeter, LoadRunner, and Gatling.
- Ability to understand and analyze technical specifications. Experience in designing and creating test cases.
- Hands-on Experience in Agile Scrum and Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle.
- Well versed in using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tools, like Jenkins/Bitrise or any other.
- Able to manage multiple work streams, independent, able to communicate well in both written and spoken form.
- Strong data analysis and post processing skills to validate system performance.
- Broad experience working in cross-functional teams to drive product development.
- Experience in creating test strategy and test plans, and executing performance and load testing activities for large-scale, enterprise-class applications.
- Experience in designing and developing automated reporting.
- Willing to work in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines and ever changing priorities.
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- ISTQB or equivalent certificate. ISTQB (Specialist) Performance Testing is a plus.
- Practical experience in AWS services.
- Experience in testing mobile applications (Android and iOS).
- Experience in working with microservices
- Experience in proposing and introducing new QA tools in the test process.
- Experience in the development or QA of systems in the financial and/or payment sector.
- Experience in bash or other CLI scripting
- Curiosity and passion about learning new technologies is a definite plus.
6 to 11 million JPY annually.