We are looking for an AI programmer to help bring the combat in our games to life. You will be working with game and level designers on NPC behaviors and implementation, as well as general programming work related to combat systems. Since we are a small company, we are specifically looking for people who are willing to take in new technologies and want to work on different aspects of game development.
- Work closely with game and level designers to create and improve AI gameplay features
- Work on any aspect of AI gameplay programming from invention and prototyping to full implementation.
- Work on AI systems for boss characters
- Develop supporting systems for game and level designers
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Experience in 3D game development
- Experience developing AI behaviors
- Experience with character animation techniques and interfacing animations with AI
- Solid understanding of modern AI navigation methods (navmesh, 3D pathfinding, dynamic obstacle avoidance, etc.)
- Excellent math skills
- Must be able to self-motivate, communicate and collaborate well in a remote work environment
- Capable of quick iteration and feedback loops while working with the team
- Flexibility to work on both bigger titles as well as smaller projects
- Conversational Japanese ability
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Development experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or 5
- Experience working with any of the current generation of consoles
- Experience with animation blueprints
- Proficiency in creating plugins and tools
- Experience with developing first person shooters or 3D action games
Starting from 4.2 million JPY annually. However, higher salaries are possible based on the skills and experience of the candidate.