Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions.
We are looking for a Product Quality Owner to join our growing company for designing and developing autonomous mobile robots systems and warehouse solutions.
As a Product Quality Owner you will be responsible for a specific product category quality conformance from conception / development and throughout the product life cycle. This includes product evaluation & validation testing plus ensuring that products successfully meet and maintain the necessary standards. The position will connect the testing team to development and business teams. You will understand the business requirements and generate and define test scenarios to provide to the testing team to be executed.
- Requirement Analysis
- Understands business requirements and generates test scenarios
- Tracks test coverage
- Makes prioritization decisions
- Bug Management
- Contributes to Root Cause Analysis
- Cover bug sources with test scenarios
- Working closely with multiple teams
- Works in alignment with development leader and business teams on quality targets for the project
- Participates in system level design reviews.
- Be involved in the early design of new features to ensure quality is built in from the start
- Functional & Non-functional Testing practices
- Conduct non-functional tests like safety, reliability, performance along with functional testing
- Generates all product quality test documentation
- Quality Coaching
- Drives quality culture and mindset within the project
- Continuously looks opportunity to improve the quality
- Be a champion for testability, TDD, mocking and quality engineering practices within your team
- Creates and maintains product risk assessments
- Drives release over release and time-based improvements and drive needed improvements in product and process
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering (Robotics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar)
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in testing in complex systems (i.e the robotics domain and warehouse autonomous solutions)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with requirement management tools or platforms
- Able to demonstrate basic fault finding and root cause analysis skills
- Japanese verbal and written communication skills
- ISTQB and CMMI certificates
- Experience with startup environment
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery