Our engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers, solution developers and system integrators in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. Our forte is multi robot collaboration and distributed decision making, and our mission is to build products that help our customers create robust, scalable and flexible collaborative robots solutions. We are looking for passionate problem solvers with experience in any of the fields of swarm robotics, Game AI, multi robot route planning, constraint programming or traditional distributed systems.
In this role, you will own key components of our distributed intelligence stack. You will be designing, implementing, testing and maintaining:
- the global and local behaviour controllers that govern the decision making for the fleet of autonomous AMRs.
- the global path planners and executors that control AMR traffic.
- different task allocation strategies and their optimizations.
- our production grade open source distributed intelligence framework, ALICA.
In addition, you will be expected to:
- mentor juniors in their day to day deliverables.
- do architecture and code reviews for the fellow teammates.
- contribute to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- identify opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations
- maintain a high-level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- be versatile and open to work on challenging problems that our customers bring to the table as our business grows.
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar technical field of study
- Excellent grasp of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Good OOP and multi-threading knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in C++ 11 or above
- At Least 5 years of corporate or research experience in a similar domain
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with libraries like SMACH, Behaviour Tree, RosPlan
- Experience in the field of multi robot route planning, constraint programming or distributed systems
- Experience with robots (autonomous or manually operated)
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Startup experience
- Mentorship experience
What makes you stand out
- Startup experience
- Contribution to open source
- Publications or patents in related domain